Xiaomi Piston 3
One of the best built and best sounding budget earphones on the market right now. Only it has one important problem: it needs at least a portable amplifier to reach its full potential.
NOTE: It is difficult to find the original earphones for purchase, as most of them are fake, so it's up to you to find them if you really want them.
- The vocal clarity with these earphones is amazing.
- The build quality and design of these is something to behold.
- Are extremely comfortable to wear.
- The presentation is perfect with the beautiful plastic box it comes with.
- Needs a headphone amplifier to reach its full volume and sound quality potential.
- The included tips are quite generic.
Ear Tips - Single-Flange:
XS+S+M+L, extra-soft, black, Ø5mm bores
Plastic (matte) + metal, Ø5mm nozzles, no strain reliefs
Metal, soft strain relief
Fabric + TPE, 128cm, extra-soft, super-straight
Metal, straight, short, soft strain relief
Just find the tips that fit your ears best and enjoy one of the most comfortable earphones on the market. They remain in your ear and keep a perfect seal.
The bass is weak, but the earphones are quite capable of producing a better bass response, you just need a well-amplified source. Your PC's on-board sound card or your mobile phone are not enough.
The vocals are clear and precise, a pleasure to listen to. The problem remains the volume. You need more 'juice' to power them up.
Even when not amplified, the highs are very clear and detailed. No distortions at all.
Reviewed on 2015-04-15 13:24:33 (UTC)