ø10mm Dynamic Driver
The very curious looking H9 by the pretty unknown brand Ziofen turned out to be a refreshing listening experience in the mids department. Smooth and detailed mids, fair bass and crisp highs.
NOTE: This model was most likely discontinued. It is very difficult to find for purchase.
- A very clear and bright sound quality, especially the mids and upper-mids. Definitely made for vocal-oriented music.
- Superb build quality, simply rock-solid.
- A beautiful presentation in a high-grade package and a bunch of accessories.
- The bass doesn't go very deep, there's basically no sub-bass. You might feel a lack of punch in the sound.
- The maximum loudness is relatively low on low-power sources. You might want to amplify these slightly to get them to their full potential.
Chipboard (textured) + soft paperboard
Ear Tips - Single-Flange:
S+M+L, black (translucent), ø4mm bores
Ear Tips - Foam:
Memory foam, black, ø5mm bores
Metal, ø6mm nozzles, stiff strain reliefs
Plastic (glossy), single-button
PVC-coated, 120cm, soft, straight
Metal, straight, short, rigid strain relief
You probably won't have any trouble fitting these into your ears. I did have a problem but I used ROCK Zircon's tips, which look better on these earphones anyway.
The bass is stable most of the time and is clear, but not deep enough. The bass response doesn't go very low and sub-bass can rarely be heard.
The mids are very detailed. The vocals are clear and precise, and you can hear details you rarely hear on other earphones. Very impressive vocal presentation and separation of instruments.
The highs are precise, crisp and loud, and not painfully piercing. Their loudness is proportional to the mids' loudness and are right below the sibilance threshold.
Reviewed on 2015-11-15 12:02:28 (GMT)